Web service reference not updating removal private lines dating
Instead it just shows an int and a bool passed in as parameters If I add a new method to the class the web service is referencing, these changes are reflected client-side but if I change properties of the method they are not. This is a snapshot of the current 'state' of the service.When you make changes to the web service the proxy code isn't updated.Hi Jibi, As mm10 suggested, you can right click the existing "service reference" in Visual Studio IDE and use "Update Service Reference" to update it.#How to: Add, Update, or Remove a Service Reference the updating operation is also relying on the metadata document of the WCF service.Therefore, you can use webbrowser to view the metadata document(WSDL) of your WCF service after you made any changes.
If you are creating a proxy class through the svcutil utility you need to re-generate the proxy class each time your service is modified.It displays it and when I click on Service/Service/MY_SERVICE.svc? That is fine but if I add or remove data members in one of those methods, it doesn't reflect the cahnges when I update the reference on the client.I can tell because if I look at the file that is automatically generated client-side, it shows the method but not the new data members. When a web service reference is added, some proxy code is generated.One thing I suspect may be the problem is that I've renamed the default ws Http Bindings in app.config. The reason behind this is that I need more than one endpoint and having one named 'some-default-name' and one with my own name is just confusing. The only way I have figured out how to workaround this issue is to edit the configuration.svcinfo file for that service reference (you will need to show all files for the project to see it in visual studio), locate the following section: and change the user to my own domain user.The problem with deleting the service and adding it again is that Visual Studio adds a new binding in app.config (among other things) which should not be there. After saving the file, I have no trouble updating the reference until another developer updates the service reference (likely using the same workaround).
I have a webservice on my local pc and I am adding a refernce to it on a cleint application.